"My mother always told me I wouldn't amount to anything, because I procrastinate.
I said, 'Just wait.'"
-- Judy Tenuta
I procrastinate.
In fact, as I write this, I am putting off some more pressing matters to which I should attend. But never mind those. For now.
Instead of thinking about tomorrow, let's take a look at yesterday. And all the yesterdays spread out behind it.
If you were to take those yesterdays and hold them up to the light, one by one, you would witness a stop-motion story of a procrastinated life. You would witness my experience laid out before you, a herky-jerky manifesto of procrastinated moments passing before your eyes in a procession of triumph and failure, mistakes and growth, heartache and love. You would witness a fourth grade report on whales, a science fair won without science, student government elections. You would witness a car explode on the freeway and two years in Greece. You would witness a breakup long past its due date. You would witness a very first kiss.
But I waited too long and must go to bed now. I'll have to tell you these stories tomorrow.
I want to hear more about the science project and the exploding car. I would like them to be directly related, if possible.
ReplyDeleteNo time. I'll tell you about it later.
ReplyDelete